Speech Therapy for Kids
Child speech pathologists are involved in the assessment and treatment of children with communication problems.
How do I know if my child needs to see a Speech Pathologist in Melbourne?
There are a number of key indicators that can help you decide if your child needs to see a speech pathologist. These include:
- Difficulties with pre-language skills, including making eye-contact or facial expressions, gesturing, babbling or imitating sounds
- Problems being understood by others
- Difficulties following instructions at home, kinder and/or school
- Problems answering questions e.g. repeating language back to you
- Problems making and maintaining peer relationships and friendships
- Poor listening skills
- Frustration at not being able to get message across
- Difficulties with producing grammatically-correct sentences
- Word-finding difficulties e.g. getting stuck on words, word errors, making up words
Please note, if you have any concerns regarding your child’s development please contact us to discuss these in further detail.
What we can help with
The speech pathologists at Kids Connect Therapy have experience in the diagnosis and management of children from infancy through to adolescence who have difficulties with:
- The building blocks for communication and language, including engagement, relating to others, imitating sounds and gesturing
- Receptive language development, including understanding of verbal and non-verbal communication
- Auditory Processing
- Expressive language development
- Speech sound development
- Social communication
- Play skills
A child speech therapist in Melbourne at Kids Connect Therapy has an ongoing commitment to enhancing their professional abilities by participating in Speech Pathology Australia’s Professional Self-Regulation (PSR) program.